Thursday, September 14, 2017

15/365- Autumn Soul

figurative art depicting autumn's glorious colors
Figurative Art by Harford County artist, Tracey Grumbach


 “Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love - that makes life and nature harmonise. The birds are consulting about their migrations, the trees are putting on the hectic or the pallid hues of decay, and begin to strew the ground, that one's very footsteps may not disturb the repose of earth and air, while they give us a scent that is a perfect anodyne to the restless spirit. Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." -George Elliot

---------------

I love this quote from George Elliot. My soul is for sure wedded to autumn. Perhaps because I was born in September and am a Virgo? Perhaps not. No matter the reason, autumn is by far my favorite season. Campfires and fires in the fireplace. Football. Stews and soups for dinner. Warm coffee in the morning while sitting on the chilly front porch. Pumpkins. Apple cider. The glorious colors. The list goes on and on.  What is your favorite season?

Don't forget that tomorrow is the opening reception for the new Autumn Splendor show at Arts By the Bay Gallery from 7PM-9PM. I am planning on being there, however, Brenna is rescheduled to fly back to Orlando at the same time, so as long as Brian can get her to the airport, I will be at the opening. Please come on by and stop in to see all the new artwork! I have three never-seen-before-in-print pieces and two previously seen pieces. I'd love to chat with you about them!

Have a fabulous day!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!