Friday, September 15, 2017

16/365- Keep Your Face to the Sunshine

field of sunflowers
Sunflower Fields in White Hall as seen by artist Tracey Grumbach


“Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It's what the sunflowers do.”
―Helen Keller

--------------

Happy Friday, ya'll. Well, Brenna is now staying with us through the weekend and will try to get back to Orlando on Monday. Her school is still closed and the apartment complex still does not have power. I'm loving having her home, but she is starting to get antsy and restless being in limbo. I completely understand and hope she can get back to a normal routine very soon.

Brenna will actually be joining me this evening, since she is still home, at the opening reception for the Autumn Splendor show at Arts By the Bay Gallery. I'm hoping to pop in close to 7PM and stay for about an hour. I'd love to meet you all and chat, so if you have any questions about Lyme or digital art, I'd be thrilled to talk with you. I hope to see you there.

Yesterday I confirmed plans to model for one of my artist friends, Pamela Wilde, who is a painter. On October 27th from 7PM-10PM at the Artists Emporium in Havre de Grace, she will be painting me in a Halloween costume in the front window. I am so stinking excited about it! Now I just need to figure out a really cool and unique costume. Any ideas? Keep your eyes out for really out-of-the-box hats or costumes (no masks per the artist). This is the first time I will be modeling for a painter and I am so glad it is with her. Pam is not only a fun and kind person, she is also a very talented artist. I added this event to the Upcoming Events page if you'd like to check it out!

Until tomorrow, folks...

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!