Saturday, September 2, 2017

3/365- Ropes of Steam and Spark-Spattered Wheels

engine 17 Steam Into History Northern Central Railway
Ropes of Steam and Spark-Spattered Wheels

Canon 5D Mark III
Lens Baby Composer lens
1/3,200
f/4.0
Edited with various apps on iPhone 6S Plus

Sometimes I feel that life is passing me by, not slowly either, but with ropes of steam and spark-spattered wheels and a hoarse roar of power or terror. It's passing, yet I'm the one who's doing all the moving. I'm not the station, I'm not the stop: I'm the train. I'm the train.
-Martin Amis; Money 
-------

This image is part of the Northern Central Railway in Pennsylvania. While walking along the Heritage Rail Trail near the Railroad parking area of the park, I had the pleasure of seeing Engine 17 coming down the tracks. What a thrill.

Come on out today to Arts By the Bay Gallery in Havre de Grace to see all the amazing art! I will be working from 11AM-2:30PM so stop in and let's chat! Hope to see you there!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!