Monday, May 5, 2014

Music and a Stogie


I had the opportunity to go into the city yesterday.
Ever since I discovered Vivian Maier
I have been obsessed with street photography;
I just love how raw and true it is.
There is no posing, no pretending...
it is just a frozen moment in time capturing 
the true nature of that instant.

It is exhilarating to me to wait and look through my lens
until I see the exact moment I want to capture,
the shadows, the body position, the facial expression.
It is like hunting...when do I pull the trigger?

Living in a rural area does not provide me with the opportunity 
to shoot street photography very often,
but I have plans to do it more often since it does invigorate my soul.

You can see a collection of my street photography on my website under
the project name, Moments in Time.
Enjoy.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!