Saturday, June 21, 2014

Alvin

Taken at Irvine Nature Center


Today I am grateful for all the artifacts and ephemera 
from my parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents.
It is so interesting going through old family documents,
cards, letters, V-mail, scrapbooks, etc. 
It makes me feel connected my past,
gives me a sense of history
and gives me a glimpse of my ancestors that have passed on.

I've always loved documenting my thoughts, ideas, and experiences
in journals, diaries, and scrapbooks
so it was great to realize that I get it honestly...
many of my kin did the same and it is a treasure
to discover the things they thought were important enough to keep.

Hopefully one day my children and grandchildren will enjoy
looking through my scrapbooks and journals some day.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!