Friday, June 27, 2014

Passages


Those of you who followed my old blog probably know
that I love reflections and the concept of visual tricks
that glass can play when recorded in 2 dimensions.
Usually our brain will compensate in real time 
when we view reflections in glass,
filtering out information as to what is a reflection and what is real.
However, when a camera records the same scene in two dimensions,
it can seem like a visual puzzle or a seek and find game.
I love that.
I love that our brains are so incredible at deciphering and 
filtering out the visual stimulus all around us without us even trying.

Doorways...
Something else I love.
It really represents life, does it not?
The passages from one period of our life into another;
the opportunities that open and close in our lives;
the choices we must make as to what path we must follow...through THIS door or THAT door.
So many metaphors could be created.

Today I am thankful that I am finally beginning to feel like picking up my camera again.
It does bring me such joy and I was really scared that 
I wouldn't ever feel that urge or satisfaction from photography again.
It is slow in coming, but I am finding myself wanting to pick up the camera.
Now, if I could just get my appetite and taste back,
that would be great.
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!