Monday, September 29, 2014

The Road Less Traveled


Today I am thankful that I came out of my comfort zone
and instead of following my normal route home,
the one I know so well and can navigate with my eyes closed,
I chose to take a random road just to see where it would take me.

The road is off the main route...
a road less traveled, as it were,
and I ended up here...
a roadside pull off that opened up to a magical place
where all I could hear was the trickle of the river to my left,
 the crows cawing obnoxiously above my head,
and the occasional leaf thumping to the ground after a twisty-twirling flight down
from it's summer perch high above in the canopy.

Sometimes you have to be the one to give yourself a gift.
This small journey will be a gift I will treasure for a long time.
xo

"Two roads diverged in a wood and I-
I took the one less traveled by."
~Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!