Friday, October 10, 2014

Locked In My Heart

Heart lock seen along a footbridge on a trail at the Susquehanna State Park


I woke up to the sweetest post on my Facebook timeline this morning...
A former student of mine who I taught when she was in 5th grade...19 years ago...
posted a picture that brought back such great memories.
It was a picture of a flyer given to all the 5th grade students in our school at the end of the year
that listed each student (and teacher's) favorite memory from that year.

I had the biggest grin on my face as I was reading through it remembering each of the students
and the events that happened that year.
It made my heart swell with pride when I read that I had an impact on their learning 
and love of school that year.

After reading through the list, I noticed my former student had tagged two others in the photo.
I was so excited to see that the other two people tagged were also former students of mine!
I clicked through to see their beautiful, now grown-up faces, and I teared up!
It's so funny how I feel such a sense of parental pride and warmth for these kids!

I noticed two of the students listed colleges on their profiles and I was so proud of them!
All three of those students look happy, healthy, well-adjusted, and grown up!

I do miss teaching, as I have mentioned before, and truly think it was my gift.
I don't know if going back is ever in the cards for me, but I certainly do cherish all 
of the good memories and the wonderful students I had through the years.

It was a wonderful way to start my morning and I am thankful for that.
Happy Friday, y'all...go ORIOLES!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!