Thursday, October 9, 2014

Water Under the Bridge


I've been gone a few days...not physically but mentally.
When the pain gets bad and I get frustrated, I withdraw and am not good company.
But, I have a renewed attitude today and I am hoping to have a better day physically and mentally.

Today I am thankful for my Lyme Literate Doctor.
I had a check up with him yesterday and it felt so good to be heard.
It felt so good to be validated.
It felt so good to have hope and a plan to move forward.
I haven't had that in over 2 years until I met him.
He is the only one that has looked me in the eye and said, "I believe you and we are going to fix it."

Isn't that what all of us want?
Just to be heard and believed and given hope?
The next time you find yourself listening to someone, 
try to really focus on hearing them.
Read their facial expressions and their body language.
Hear their worries and then tell them, "I believe you.  How can I help?"
Trust me, it will make their day.

Here's to a better day...and if not today, then tomorrow will be.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!