Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Three Sisters



I've been struggling for while now with my health again since the doctor changed my medication regimen about a month ago.  I don't seem to be responding well to this new combination of herbals, so pain and various other symptoms have gotten the best of me lately.  It seems my only escape is art, and even then I can only do bits at a time because one of my symptoms is my hands freeze into claws...it is terrible.  The joints get stiff and painful in my hands and I can't type, edit, digitally paint, or anything that requires fine motor hand control.  Frustrating.

This piece took me a few days to work on for that reason.  It is comprised of 4 images that I digitally painted and then layered together with textures, and adjustment layers.  I loved the tension between the expression in the girls' faces and the whimsical birds and hot air balloon.  In a way, it represents my inside and outside selves...my inside self stoic and serious while trying to hide the pain but my outside self is all smiles and whimsy, not wanting to show how I truly feel.  It is this tension that I love about this piece.

In case you are interested, I restructured the Living With Lyme section of this blog, to try and make it easier to navigate.  I've been having lots of people contact me lately asking my advice about Lyme and I just thought it would be easier for people to find information if I restructured a bit.  It is a work in progress.  If you like my blog or my artwork, I would love a Pin on Pinterest or a share on Facebook or Twitter!  I am expanding the art side of my business and would love more exposure, if you are so inclined.  Don't forget, you can follow along on social media with the links in the sidebar as well.  Thanks!  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!