Monday, May 11, 2015

Say Geronimo


Say Geronimo! 
Make this leap
Make this leap
Make this leap
Make this leap
Can you feel my love?

~Say Geronimo by Sheppard


Driving in the car the other day, this song came on my iPhone playlist. I was driving South on I83 in Pennsylvania when I was overwhelmed with the idea of this latest piece.  The words "make this leap" and "say Geronimo" kept repeating over and over in my head.  I could see, in my mind's eye, girls taking a leap off of something (I wasn't sure what yet) and feeling free and happy and fearless.  I couldn't get rid of the idea and it was starting to keep me awake, so I was glad when I finally sat down for a few hours to get it started.  

It's hard to describe the feeling I get when one of these ideas manifests itself in my brain.  It is like an earworm that you can't get rid of.  The thought is on repeat in my mind and I feel like if I can't release it somehow I will explode.  Like a sneeze, it is almost a physical sensation that needs to be released and when it is, it feels so much better.  It is a huge relief, especially when I can finish it successfully, which is often not the case.  I am proud of this work as I feel like I am finally developing my own style.  My painting skills are getting better as are my shading abilities, but I am still not quite where I want to be.   I do notice that I find myself continuing to come back to fantasy worlds, flying, and a sense of freedom.

What are you waiting for?  When are you going to make that leap and say Geronimo, put fear aside and just jump in with pure abandonment...feet first?  Ready, set, GO!

Happy Monday, y'all.  Have a beautiful week.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!