Friday, July 31, 2015

Surely Woman Rose from the Frothy Sea


"...surely woman rose from the frothy sea, as resplendent as Aphrodite on her scalloped chariot."
Margot Datz, A Survival Guide for Landlocked Mermaids

I am yearning again for the whisper of the sea, the call of the waves lapping on the shore. Vacation is still weeks away and yet I can already taste the brine in the air. There is some sort of watery compass inside my soul that starts to turn and pull me toward the ocean, calling me home, calling me to be where the saline in my blood matches the same percentage of saline in the sea. Surely we came from the sea. Surely we did.

Have a wonderful weekend.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!