Thursday, December 31, 2015

Word for 2016

Minimize

Happy New Year, folks!  New Year's has never really been a big deal to me other than having to buy a new calendar and wrapping up end-of-year business dealings.  I usually don't do New Year's Eve parties and I (embarrassingly) am usually in bed before the ball drops. *Yawn*  I know, I am boring but the older I get the more I am totally fine with being boring.

Each year, instead of making a New Year's Resolution, I choose a word to anchor me in the coming year.  This year the word will be...

MINIMALISM.

I want to not only minimize my possessions, but also minimize the clutter in my brain with meditation and yoga, and minimize my time commitments to things that are not associated with my core values and beliefs. I want to start saying NO more to things that are time sucks, like social media.

So, that is my goal...get rid of stuff, minimize, reduce, and unclutter in all aspects of my world. I will post this word prominently in my office/studio to keep reminding myself for this year. What are y'all doing for the New Year?  Do you do resolutions, words, something else, or nothing at all?

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful New Year...if you are a partier, then party safe!  See you soon in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!