Friday, January 8, 2016

Beauty



This beautiful scene was taken at the Walter's Art Museum in Baltimore. The sculpture in the middleground is L'Amour et l'Amitie´, which translates to Love and Friendship. To read more about this sculpture, feel free to visit Walters Art Museum website.

My new fix lately has been listening to the podcast TED Radio Hour. Since I have 4 kids and a job that requires me to be in my vehicle a lot, I have become hooked on listening to audiobooks or podcasts via my iPhone hooked into my SUV speakers. It sure beats listening to most of the music stations in Baltimore which repeat the same 15 songs over and over and over again. But I digress. TED Radio Hour has so many interesting topics and I love the way they integrate many TED talks spanning years into one radio show united by a particular topic. If you have not had the opportunity to try it out, I highly recommend it.

One recent topic of the TED Radio Hour podcast was Beauty. It was fascinating to hear varying opinions about what beauty is, how we define it, and whether beauty is essential to our survival. These podcasts really open my mind and guide me to view topics from different views. Here is the podcast, Beauty, for your listening pleasure.


After listening to this podcast, which referenced the movie, The Soloist, I went to my local library and borrowed the movie. It was a very powerful movie based on the true events of an LA Times journalist becoming friends with a homeless man who was a Juilliard trained violinist. This movie, as well as the podcast, reinforced and opened my mind about the meaning and importance of beauty in our lives.

I hope this little peek inside the Walter's Art Museum brought a bit of beauty into your life today. Have a wonderful weekend.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!