Sunday, January 17, 2016

If Your Daily Life Seems Poor


If your daily life seems poor, do not blame it; 
blame yourself that you are not poet enough to call forth its riches...
~Rainer Maria Rilke

I absolutely love the travels my job takes me on. I love to be in my truck, traveling to a new location, taking in all the scenery around me while tracking down my destination like a hound on a rabbit scent. For some reason, I have always been attracted to moody landscapes and dilapidated buildings, even as a young child. I've always held an eerie fascination for them that I've never been able to quite explain. I am always on the lookout for such landscapes...it calls to my soul. 

If only I could stop and interview these places, this land, this building. What have you seen in your lifetime? What blood has been spilled here? What love has sprouted and multiplied here? Spill out your stories to me.

I've been on a landscape kick for a while now and I plan on following this recent calling, especially in this dreary winter landscape which creates in me a moody, emotion filled response. I hope you enjoy this series and will look forward to seeing more in the short future. 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!