Friday, February 5, 2016

Rock Presbyterian


Transcript of the Historical Sign on location: Rock Presbyterian Church was founded in 1720 in North Milford Hundred, Cecil County, Maryland. First called New Erection on the Branches of Elk River, then Elk River Church, Great Elk, Upper Elk, and since, 1793, Rock. Present church erected in 1761 and remodeled in 1844 and 1900.

I love old buildings and this church in Fair Hill is no different. I love the stone work and the details that caught my eye one day as I was traveling for a real estate shoot. I caught a glimpse of this beauty out of the corner of my eye down a side road. After my shoot and on my way home, I turned off and took a couple of photos.

If you are interested in the history of this gorgeous church, you can find it here. Have a wonderful Friday. I will be out and about today visiting the Elkton and Havre de Grace galleries that show my work. I hope you all have a great weekend and I will see you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!