Monday, September 12, 2016

You Make Your Mark


Graffiti's always been a temporary art form. You make your mark and they scrub it off.
-Bansky

No matter how hard they try, they can not erase me. They may be able to erase my art, silence my voice, and delete my words; but they will never get rid of me.

 I was in awe, standing in an alley in Baltimore City, just trying to absorb all of the art spray painted there. The paint was fresh. The art new. The pungent smell of paint still lingered in the air like a badge of courage of those risking arrest just to express themselves. The acrid bouquet cut through even the strong urine smell that lingered around the edges of the building. It was like walking into some brightly colored cartoon, the drabness and grayness of the city fading away into this vibrant new world.  A new world where color was king, expression freely accepted, and nothing was permanent. Everything was free flowing and liquid. With the breeze blowing, I almost felt unsteady on my feet. What was this amazing world I had entered?

Standing there, contemplating, I yearned for the ability to camouflage myself into the wall, like a chameleon, by taking on all the beautiful colors I saw there. What if our skin could blend perfectly into the wall and take on the exact art that our shadows were covering? How freaking cool would that be to disappear into this most vibrant, beautiful world? And that is when the idea struck me...I can. I can simply disappear here...and I did.

Hope your Monday and the rest of your week is vibrant and beautiful.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!