Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Best Thing To Do Is Walk Out of the Barn- Digital Art By Harford County Artist



I love the title of this piece of art because it reminds us that even in stormy, difficult times, it is best to walk out into the open and be vulnerable. Take chances. Live your dreams. Take steps forward when all you want to do is stand still.

Whether it is personal or career related, taking chances has never been easier for me. Somehow when you are faced with difficult health, it really puts other things in your life into perspective. I used to be afraid to ask for what I want and need, but I've learned that if I don't advocate for myself, then no one will. The worst that can happen is someone tells you "no." Big deal. Is not fulfilling your dreams a risk you want to take just because someone may tell you no? For me, it is a clear choice.

So, whether it is for my health or for my career, I have been practicing intention and not letting fear stop me from moving forward. I ask for help when I need it.  I put my art out there to be judged. I accept a no when it comes, but it doesn't freeze me.

In the past week I have contacted two local publications and one national publication to consider publishing my art. Also, I have committed to entering a juried art contest on the local level. Nothing may come of any of this, but if I didn't try and stick my head and heart out there, then NOTHING would come of it for sure. Because when you do nothing, nothing comes to you in return. But, what if everything came of this? What if all three publications said yes! What if I won the contest? Yes, what if.

So, what are you waiting for? What dreams do you have that you can take a baby step toward today? No is not a barrier...it is just a detour sign. Don't be afraid of it, just take a different route. Get busy, people. Take action toward your goals.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!