Friday, November 18, 2016

Autumn Vineyard- Virginia Landscapes

The vineyard at Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home in Virginia

It's funny how if you make a dream board and really focus positive energy into putting your work and your story out into the universe, it eventually comes back. This past summer I reached out to several publications about writing articles or publishing my digital art and slowly but surely those seeds I have planted months ago are coming to fruition. In October, one of my digital art pieces landed on the cover of a local newspaper. Then, over the course of about three weeks, three different Instagram hubs have featured four of my creations. Every time I am notified it is like Christmas morning and I feel so honored that people are enjoying my work. But what happened last night was a dream...

Last night I received an email from Somerset Digital Studio magazine.  This is a well respected publication in the digital art world and it's 144 pages are just delicious to read through every issue. Here is a description from the website of the magazine:

Somerset Digital Studio showcases some of the best digitally created artwork around, and these breathtaking samples of scrapbook pages, ATCs, and collages will have readers joining in this growing trend of creating digitally altered artwork in no time. Each of the 144 lush, full color pages found in every issue contain captivating feature articles, a full gallery of digital eye candy, a digital dictionary, software comparison chart, digital tutorial, and more. 

The email contained 6 of my images that an editor for the magazine saw on my website and wanted to publish. In addition, they asked me to write a feature article for the Spring 2017 issue, describing the artistic process and techniques I use in my work. I was so honored and thrilled!  This magazine is only published twice a year so it is highly competitive to have your work featured!  My deadline is December 12 and the issue will be on newsstands on March 1, 2017!  I know I can rise to the challenge and do this and I am so ecstatic for the opportunity to be a part of such a great publication.

In addition to this wonderful news, I found out that I will be the Featured Artist at Arts By the Bay Gallery for the April-June 2017 show! This means I have prime wall space in the gallery and can hang as many pieces as I'd like in that space! I am hoping this opens more opportunity to be published in local publications and be interviewed with local media. My goal in the exposure of my art is allow me to tell my story about surviving Chronic Lyme disease in the hopes of helping others in the process. In addition, I am working on setting up a fun event in May 2017 for Lyme Disease Awareness Month at the gallery where a portion of the proceeds from the sale of my art will be going back into the local chapter of NatCapLyme, which runs a support group for Lyme patients and their loved ones in my area!  There is so much going on I feel a bit overwhelmed, but it is a delicious drowning...

Thank you so much to all of you out there who support me day in and day out. Friends, family, artists, patrons of my work, and other bloggers. You all help me have the confidence and drive to do what I do and I am truly appreciative. When I reach wonderful milestones in my career as a digital artist, I love to share it with all of you because I feel like you all have helped put me in a position to reach my dreams. Thank you.

I am heading out of town tomorrow morning with my oldest daughter to visit my cousins in St. Louis whose children were in a tragic, horrific car accident about three weeks ago. I've been needing to get there to support my cousins and do what I can to encourage them. I may or may not be posting during this time. If I have time, I will set up a few pre-posts to go up each day, but if not, I am not going to stress over it. I will see what I have time for.

Sending Happy Thanksgiving love to everyone now just in case I don't have a chance to blog this week. Be safe and have a wonderful time with family. Please pray for a safe passage for my daughter and I...it is a long drive from Baltimore to St. Louis. And please continue to pray for my cousin's children who are recovering from devastating traumatic brain injuries.

xo

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!