Monday, December 12, 2016

Life Is Really Simple- Mobile Art by Tracey Grumbach


Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
~Confucius

Life truly is simple. There is nothing more important to me than my family. Spending quality time with each of my children gets harder and harder as they grow into adults, so I am thrilled when I have the opportunity to be with them alone, away from the other kids. This weekend I got to spend some quality time with my oldest and his girlfriend. We had brunch at Miss Shirley's in downtown Baltimore at the Inner Harbor. It was great to just sit and chat about his life, reminisce about when he was young, get to know his beautiful girlfriend better, and enjoy a meal together without the distraction of other siblings. That doesn't happen so often now days since my oldest is working and going to college. 

This weekend I also had a date night with my youngest son, who is turning nine along with his twin sister this week. We went out to dinner together and then went to see Santa Paws at the local Community College. These are precious times that build a sense of history and meaning into their young lives. In January I already have a college visitation trip planned with my oldest daughter, and a date night with my youngest daughter for dinner and a Peter Rabbit theater show. Each of my kids is so different and unique, this alone time with them allows me to see that more clearly and let them know how much I love and appreciate each one as an individual. 

As busy and hectic as this season gets, I wouldn't trade these hours spent with my kids for anything. I hope you are able to slow down and find time for those in your life. After all, isn't that what this season is all about...family?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!