Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Loss of Innocence- Mobile Art by Baltimore Artist


Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field...I'll meet you there.
-Rumi

About this image- As I sat in our homeschool room/art studio yesterday, I felt this strange feeling on my skin. It was warm and tingly. It reached down into my soul with long golden fingers and awoke a sleeping part of me. After two and a half weeks of rain, gloom, and gray skies, this sunbeam found its way into my window and onto my arm. Its touch felt vaguely familiar and as I turned to greet it, the ray of amber light filled my face and eyes with the most brilliant light. It was like crawling out of the proverbial cave of darkness into the light where a human must blink over and over again as one's eyes adjust to the brilliance. The occasion called for drastic measures...homeschool came to a screeching halt and we went outside into the 50 degree weather for a walk. As we walked around our rural neighborhood, we came across a swingset sitting alone in a field and I felt inspired to create this digital art piece, The Loss of Innocence. 

Wonderful news...the editing process has been finished for the article I wrote for Somerset Digital Studio and it will be going to print shortly! I was sent the PDF proof copy to edit and I was so excited to see the layout and my words on the "pages" of the magazine. After making a few changes to my article and correcting a few typos, it received final approval! It was so exciting to walk through this process. I also received information on the payout I will receive (they pay per page, so until the layout was finalized, I didn't know the total). Then, something amazing happened...I got a separate email from the editor with a PDF proof of the cover...with The Wheel on it! Yes, they selected my image (along with two other images by other ) to feature on the COVER! I was shocked and honored! I can't share the cover just yet as it is still under wraps, but when I get the go-ahead, I will share it with you all. The print copy will hit the newsstands on March 1! I can not WAIT! Thank you for sharing this exciting journey with me and always supporting my growth and development as an artist. 

Speaking of The Wheel...the one and only print copy of this featured art piece will be showing and for sale at the "Winter Blitz" show at Arts By the Bay Gallery in Havre de Grace, opening on Friday, February 3 from 7PM-9PM! If you would like to be the owner of the piece, be sure to stop in a grab it before someone else does! It is one of my favorite all time pieces, so I am a bit sad to see it go! I am working the desk that night, so please stop in and see me! (I am also working tomorrow from 2:30PM- 7:00PM. This is the last weekend for the current show, so come see it before it goes!)



Also, if you are so inclined, you can check out this article written by the Chester County Press about the art show I am involved with at Oxford Arts Alliance in Pennsylvania. I was thrilled the writer chose to mention two of my three pieces that are showing there. 

Have a beautiful day! I'm hoping for more sun, but so far it doesn't look promising. I will just have to make my own sun today.  

xo

1 comment:

  1. Look at you! You are coming up fast in the art world. SO Happy for you! I can't wait until the Somerset issue comes out, I will have to snag a copy right away.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!