Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Winter Country Morning- Digital Art Landscape


I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out til sundown, 
for going out, I found, was really going in.
-John Muir

About this image: A discarded image back in 2010 has found its way to become today's digital art piece. Even in the dead of winter, the sunrise adds the warmest of glows to the golden brown earth, turned up to the surface by last year's autumn harvest. Accented by the red barns and green outbuilding, this image spoke to me out of the archives. I am so glad, now, that I did not delete these old images. What I believed was trash back then is turning out to be treasure to me now. Sunflare used to ruin a picture for me, but now, I honor the science behind why it happens and see the beauty in it. So interesting, how light and lenses works, don't you think?

About this quote: When I find myself needing some clarity, I always seem to migrate outdoors. Like John Muir, it brings me home, to the center of myself when I am outside, feet on the soil, face to the sun, bird song in my ear. It is where we come from and where we belong, as part of the earth. But so many of today's youth are so far out of touch with nature, preferring instead, to be surrounded by electronics, that it is causing a disruption (in my humble opinion) in the natural order of the next generation's connection to earth. There seems to be an underlying vibration of dissatisfaction and frustration within our youth, that I believe is caused somewhat by the disconnect between themselves and nature. Being surrounded by all of those EMFs, bombarded by not only the images they seen on screens, but by the unseen waves of magnetic fields in our modern world. For me, the best I can do is be a good role model for my own children and step into nature often, talking out loud about how we are connected to the earth and how it is the place to go when you need centered. I hope they follow in my footsteps and fall in love with the dirt, air, and water, that soothes me like the Mother she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!