Thursday, January 19, 2017

Was That You Passing Me By?- Baltimore Digital Artist


About this image- Back in 2010 I was attempting to do Project 365 where I would take, edit, and post a picture every day for an entire year. I believe I made it through August and then just completely failed, lol. One of the first images I did for this was to take three separate self portraits and then compile them into one image with three different images of me facing in different directions. The exercise was meant to push my boundaries with learning to work with layers in Photoshop.  While going back through the images, one in particular grabbed my attention and I completely altered it to create this digital self portrait. It was inspired, as the title might give away, by reading Never Broken by Jewel.

Today, since the image is of me, I thought I would give a health update for those who follow along with my CLD (Chronic Lyme Disease) journey. If you have been reading my blog for awhile you would know that I was reinfected with another tick bite this past summer and was in treatment again. Well, I am happy to say that I am on my last week of antibiotics! I have been through almost 6 months of treatment again (cycling and pulsing different antibiotics) and I can see an end in sight. Of course, I will be continuing to take suppliments to help my immune system along and continue with my health-conscious eating habits and lifestyle to help my mind/body/soul stay as healthy as possible. But, I am thrilled to be off antibiotics again at the end of the week. I have a love/hate relationship with them and I will not be sad to see those pills gone.

In addition, yesterday, I went to the oral surgeon for a checkup on the jaw infection surgery I had back in September. I am ecstatic to report the bone graft took beautifully and the extraction sites where all the infection was is healing perfectly. The surgeon even said my gums look "amazing." I have the green light to go ahead with the next step of the process which is to have implants placed in the jaw bone so I eventually can have teeth again on that side of my mouth. This procedure will take place in mid-February and then three months after that I will hopefully be able to have teeth placed in the implant bases!

I have some pretty cool news coming to the blog tomorrow, so be sure to check it out! Have a wonderful Thursday and since it doesn't seem like the sun wants to come out on its own, be sure to make some of your own sunshine today.

xo

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you that your end of pill taking is in sight, and that the jaw/teeth healing is taking place. What a road.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!