Friday, March 17, 2017

I Accept That I Do Not Know Where I Am Going- Digital Art by Tracey Grumbach


About this image- Do any of us truly know where we are going? No, we don't. No human can predict the future and therefore doesn't ultimately understand the exact direction we are going. We can point ourselves in the direction we want, but life circumstances can change the tide of fortune and send us off in a different direction. How exciting is that if you let go of the anxiety of it? We as humans are blessed to live such a life...full of adventure and unknowing.

One of my favorite symbols is the compass or compass rose. I've always said that if I were ever to get a tattoo, it would be of a beautiful, fancy compass rose. Perhaps, something like this. I love to travel and discover new places but that is only part of what I love about them. I like the deeper symbolic meaning of them as well...a tool for always knowing which direction to walk. To me it represents spirituality, a moral compass, a representation of unknown possibilities and adventure. It is the voice of God, the whisper of consciousness telling us in what direction to turn. It gives me a feeling of comfort while at the same time promises excitement and new experiences.

Maybe I will get this image as a tattoo since I love birds and compasses so much. Perhaps not...sometimes Chronic Lyme has a way of stopping me in my tracks when I think of injecting ink into my already overloaded system. I still have 4 kids to raise and get out on their own. I need to be healthy for that feat! Perhaps for my 60th birthday. By then all my kids should be out. I hope. :)

Happy Friday, y'all. Have a fabulous weekend!

xo

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful piece. The topic reminds me of 2 Corinthians 5:7 "we walk by faith and not by sight..." which describes exactly that of walking into the unknown. Perhaps a sense of adventure or maybe even apprehension? Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!