Monday, May 1, 2017

May is Lyme Disease Awareness Month!

Did you all know that May is Lyme Disease Awareness Month? I am sure there are many of you out there that know but many may not. As a matter of fact, there are some of you that have no idea what Lyme Disease is. And, if you live here in Maryland, that ignorance could be deadly since we live in an endemic area for tick born illnesses. I actually encountered someone this past week who said they had never heard of it. I was shocked. I guess because my daily life revolves around it I assumed everyone who lives here would know at least that the disease existed.

My fervent prayer is that I am able to use my experience, my voice, and my art to reach as many people as possible to help and warn about this disease. It can have far reaching consequences and not only destroy lives but families as well.

Would you be so kind as to make a small donation to the non-profit organization I am passionate about, NatCapLyme Association, who raises money for Lyme Disease education, legislation, research, and patient support? I would very much appreciate it! In order to keep tabs on how much money we raise, please follow these directions to make a donation.

1.  Go to NatCapLyme.org's donation page.
2.  Click on Fundraising Event in the tab section.
3.  In the Select Event for Fundraising dropdown menu choose the bottom one...Arts By the Bay Gallery Ticked Off Lyme Disease Awareness Event.
4.  Fill out the rest of the form and submit!

Thanks so much for any help you could give. Your donation is tax deductible. This really is a great organization. I attend the support meetings of my local chapter and they are champions of getting the word out in Harford County and beyond.

Be sure to come out and see me Friday, May 5th from 6PM-9PM at Arts By the Bay Gallery in Havre de Grace for the Ticked Off event. I will be showing my art, speaking about my journey through this disease, and we will also have lots of fun activities!

I truly hope you will never have this disease yourself or have a family member affected by it. But with the way the numbers are shooting ever higher and the fact that it is the fast growing vector borne infectious disease in the United States, chances are that if you don't already, you will one day have a friend or family member with it. Even the CDC can admit that. Please, wont' you consider a small donation to help?  Thank you!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!