Thursday, July 27, 2017

Bird 1- Digital Art by Tracey Grumbach

Bird 1- Digital Art- Mobile Art-Tracey Grumbach
The other morning I went out to my garden to pick green beans for our dinner that night. This gardening thing is fairly new to me and I am finding it to be very zen like. As I was searching the green bean bushes for ripe beans, all the rest of the world seemed to melt away. I only heard the sound of the birds squawking at my bird feeder and the bees buzzing on the clover near me. I only felt the fuzzy leaves and pods of the bean plant. As I picked each bean, placing it in a basket I brought with me from the kitchen, there was such a sense of thankfulness for the food God was providing right through my little garden. Each bean brought with it such a sense of thankfulness that I became very emotional and overwhelmed with just how blessed and provided for I am. What a blessing to say you ate food from a plant that you yourself watch grow from seeds that your own hands planted in the soil. I was moved that something as simple as picking beans could bring me such emotion.

Since the New Year, one of my goals was to practice being more mindful; being present in each moment of my day. This was one of those times where I felt very successful at concentrating on exactly what I was doing and letting my senses and thoughts surround only the task at hand. I felt so connected to myself and the earth and God in that moment. It was a good reminder to practice mindfulness even more each day.

I hope you enjoy Bird 1- a series of bird images I plan on creating over the next 6 months or so. If you've known me for a long time, you know I have a serious love of birds that I developed as a child from my father. I've decided to do a collection of bird images from old bird pictures I've taken through the years. Keep an eye out for them as we move through the second half of the year.

Blessings to each of you on this Thursday.

Also, I wanted to remind everyone that I will be working at Arts By the Bay Gallery tomorrow from 11:00AM-3:00PM! Stop in and see me and the five pieces of art I have hanging this show! Hope to see you there! You can keep track of my upcoming shifts and other events on my Upcoming Events tab.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!