Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Empty Nest- Digital Art by Tracey Grumbach

Digital Artist Tracey Grumbach- Empty Nest
We've begun the countdown until my oldest daughter leaves the nest and spreads her wings.  11 days. 11 days until she sets out on her own five states away from me. We have furniture stacked and ready to be loaded into the trailer for her new apartment. We have lists written that need to be checked off. She has a room that needs to be packed up...boxes everywhere. We've been teaching her last minute life skills she will need living on her own. (paying bills, balancing checkbooks, etc.) We've been squeezing in some last minute family time with fun activities like visiting Longwood Gardens, having a crab feast, meeting family members she won't see for a while for lunch, etc. It just seems like such a lot to do in so little time. 11 days.

I don't live well in chaos and between the generalized emotion of having my first child leave home, the deep emotion of this last week saying goodbye to young men my kids' ages who've died, general anxiety about the condition of the world in which we live in, and the clutter of packing her up...well, I am an emotional mess. 11 days.

I have become increasingly aware just how precious these moments are when our children are entrusted to our care and live under the same roof as us. I am happy and excited for her because I can remember that feeling of getting ready to set out on one's own. However, my anxiety over harm coming to her has risen over the last week. I have complete confidence she will do amazingly...I just don't have complete confidence in other people. The world has become such a crazy place. 11 days.

My oldest son won't be far behind her as he plans on setting off to school in October, leaving me suddenly with a house of 4 instead of 6. I am sure that once Brenna is settled in Florida, our attention will turn to a countdown for him as well. Where has the time gone? 11 days...

-------

On a side note, I wanted to thank everyone who took the chance to see my art displayed at the Art Without Boundaries Exhibit at the Bel Air Branch of Harford County Public Library. This exhibit has closed and it was wildly successful. Such beautiful art created by people of all abilities! I was so honored to have my art included.

Also, please join me this Friday from 6PM-9PM at Arts By the Bay Gallery in Havre de Grace for First Friday! Stop in the gallery to say hello and then enjoy all the festivities that will be set up along Main Street. It really is a fun time! I hope to see you there. 

Blessings to you on this day.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!