Wednesday, August 23, 2017

That Farm in My Dream-Digital Art by Tracey Grumbach

foggy misty farm with silo and birds
Baltimore Artist Tracey Grumbach- That Farm in My Dreams
The last 10 days have flown by in a blur, not unlike this dreamlike image. My baby girl has spread her wings and I couldn't be prouder. She is off to a great start all settled in her apartment with her roommate, attending mandatory orientation each day this week before starting her real classes Monday. I am glad I spent some extra time with her. I needed it. I think she needed it too...maybe a little less than I did.

I am flying home today, so please say a prayer for Brenna as she spends her first full day without us in Florida and please say a prayer for me for safe travels. Words aren't sufficient to say how much I will miss her nor how proud I am of her. As we finish this transition with her, we are beginning one with my oldest son, Tyler, preparing for him to move out in October to attend a trade school. I guess that is what life is about...fluidity, change, motion, and finding a new normal. I pray Brian and I did our job as parents well enough for them to find their way in the world, with continued guidance when they need and ask for it, of course. On to the next phase of life.

The twins are excited and looking forward to starting school in a few weeks. I am happy for them and glad they will be busy to keep their minds off missing Brenna and in a few months, Tyler. The can't remember life without them, so it will be a change for everyone.

I'm counting down the days already until we get Brenna home for a very brief few day visit in November. In the meantime Facetime, letters, text, and phone calls will be my best friend.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, y'all.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!