Saturday, September 9, 2017

10/365- The Beginning and the End

brokend and and bone on a shelf
Created by Visual Artist Tracey Grumbach
“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

------

Brenna is home safe and sound. I can not express how much my heart is releived. I wish it was completely content, but it isn't.  Some of my extended family and friends are still in the line of fire of Irma and now that my daughter is safe, I have worries about our investment in her apartment and car which are at risk of being destroyed in the hurricane. Will she have a place to go back to when this is all said and done? 

In addition, I have other family going through some very difficult times right now. Remember my cousins who had TBI's from a severe car accident back in October of 2016?  Well, Elias had massive seizures yesterday and he is back in the hospital. My heart is heavy. 

So so much is going on in our counry right now that is just so crippling and devastating. Fires, floods, hurricanes, and on and on. And yet we all still begin at the beginning and go on until we get to the end, just like the quote says. We all keep on keeping on because that is what humans do. We adapt and move on. Our world is so much more loving and full of kindness than the media lets on. I am grateful for that. The outpouring of love, prayers, and kindness I have felt from the community, friends, and family as we worked toward getting Brenna out of the path of Irma and lifting Elias up in prayer has been amazing. Thank you. I will keep you all updated. 

God bless,

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!