Thursday, September 21, 2017

22/365- Rest and Be Thankful

Mobile Photography by Tracey Grumbach
"Rest and be thankful." -William Wadsworth

----------

A long time ago I began a series called "Resting Places." I am fascinated with empty places of rest...benches, chairs, couches, etc.  Something calls me to them. I guess it's the open invitation to sit for a while...and be thankful.

I've decided to start this series again so I will be posting some more resting places over the next few weeks. This particular bench I found at Longwood Gardens on my recent trip there. I fell in love with the delicate green vines growing around the bench, the cut out in the wall, the colorful litter of fall leaves, the cool smooth stone...everything about it really. To me it is perfect.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes and messages. I had a fabulous day visiting a friend in the morning and then having lunch with a new friend/colleague. We rounded out the day at the twin's school for a back to school barbeque. I'm so thankful for all the blessings in my life. I am one lucky lady.

Have a great day!  I have a follow-up appointment at my Lyme doctor today and then an interview for a volunteer opportunity. See you here same time, same place tomorrow!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!