Friday, September 22, 2017

23/365- September Field of Topaz

meadow of yellow golden rod at Longwood Garden
Meadow of Golden Rod at Longwood Gardens- Mobile Photography by Tracey Grumbach

"The fields stretched like a carpet of jewels, emerald and topaz and garnet. Everywhere she walked the color shouted and sang around her..."
-Elizabeth George Speare; The Witch of Blackbird Pond

-------

Walking with two of my friends at Longwood Gardens, we needed to decide which path to take where the trail split. They both deferred to me and at first I was tempted to take the trail I knew well. But then something made me say, "Let's take this trail. I've never been on it before and don't know where it goes."

And so we did. And this is what we found. A meadow carpeted in golden rod and other yellow wild flowers. I'm so glad I took a chance on the trail less taken. The extra steps it took to go the long way around was so worth it. The quickest way between two points is a straight line but sometimes it isn't about speed...it is about the view. I think I will be taking the miandering trails in life a little more often now that I know the rewards...

Have a fantastic Friday. I can't believe another week has flown by!

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!