Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day

Seen flying proudly in Deep Creek Lake, Maryland

Very thankful today for the freedoms I enjoy as an American.
Even though I know our country is not perfect and
our leaders are far from perfect,
I still believe the United States of America is the best country.

I spent the day celebrating at a very small town Independence Day parade.
It was so quaint and welcoming...and the kids loved it.
I took some pictures while I was there and am looking forward
to editing them over the next week or so.

Today is the last day of vacation and we will be heading back home tomorrow.
At first I wasn't sure I wanted to go on this vacation since it was supposed
to be with my mother, my father, and my brother's family,
but I am glad we came anyway despite my father's death.
I have enjoyed the quiet time in this serene, slow paced setting.
I feel connected to my father here, as I mentioned earlier,
so each day has been sad, but filled with memories of the time 
I once spent with my father here.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
xo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!