Saturday, February 28, 2015

Couture



My latest mixed media/digital collage piece, Couture.  This is actually a first for me...it is a mix between a three dimensional mixed media canvas that I created a while back (and then scanned into the computer) with other digital elements combined to create this final piece.  It was inspired by the song Vogue by Madonna, so this joins my other pieces that were inspired by music.  I've included some of my favorite lyrics from the song below:


Look around everywhere you turn is heartache
It's everywhere that you go (look around)
You try everything you can to escape
The pain of life that you know (life that you know)

When all else fails and you long to be
Something better than you are today
I know a place where you can get away
It's called a dance floor, and here's what it's for, so

Come on, vogue
Let your body move to the music (move to the music)
Hey, hey, hey
Come on, vogue
Let your body go with the flow (go with the flow)
You know you can do it

All you need is your own imagination
So use it that's what it's for (that's what it's for)
Go inside, for your finest inspiration
Your dreams will open the door (open up the door)

Speaking of "the pain of life that you know," I came across a great blogpost by a fellow Chronic Lyme sufferer that explains, in articulate beauty and accuracy,  10 Things To Know When Someone in Your Life Has Lyme.  It really is worth the read to help healthy people better understand the journey Lyme sufferers are on!

I'm looking into getting some of my digital collage pieces and some new photos printed and entered into a new gallery soon!  It is an exciting process and I am hoping to develop a great new relationship with this new gallery to share and sell my art.  More details as this develops!  Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!