Friday, July 17, 2015

In the Sweetness of Friendship

In the Sweetness of Friendship

In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures.
Khalil Gibran

Inspired by the beautiful vintage photo at the bottom of this post, I created this mixed-technique digital painting. There is something so sweet and special about a friendship between girls and women. It isn't easy to find that person or people that totally get you, who celebrate successes as well as take away the pain of failures. So, when you find her, hold her tight for you truly have a gift. I am often envious of women who have a close relationship with her sister/s. Only having a brother, and growing up closely with two of my male cousins, I never experienced the closeness of a sister (but am so glad I had those three boys to grow up with). It is part of the reason why I wanted to have four kids (and hoped for two of each) so that everyone could have a brother AND a sister. As God would have it, I was blessed to have that happen...I have two boys and two girls.

I hope you love this digital painting as much as I enjoyed doing it. It is a mixture of different brush techniques (the sky is different than the buildings, which is different that the pasture, and the girls.) I used acrylic digital brushes as well as watercolor brushes and a sketching technique. Once I started this one, I had to finish and I stayed up late into the night to do that, unable to sleep until it was completed.

Have a blessed and safe weekend, y'all!  I will see you on Monday for another look at these same girls, but painted in a different way. You'll have to tell me which one you like better ;)

Flicker Commons

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!