Wednesday, October 14, 2015

When We Drove Past the Farm in Autumn


There is something so comforting to me about this time of year. I love the fresh chill in the air, the sound of combines working late into the night,  and the smell of the damp earth heaving a sigh before a long winter's rest. Plumes of smoke rise from bonfires, surrounded by families telling ghost stories and roasting marshmallows together. The birds become active again, some beginning their commute south while others frantically gorge on autumn seeds and grain to fill up for the long winter creeping in. This time of year seems to give us permission to exhale, to stop and look around us, and appreciate the bounty the earth has given us over the past many months. I so appreciate Mother Nature's hard work providing us with her fruits.

Sitting in the passenger side, I rode by a local farm the other day. I snapped an iPhone image of the golden cornfields blurring by me with the farm and silo in the background, partly obscured by the tall, dry cornstalks.  I didn't think much of it until later when I looked back at the image and was inspired by the gorgeous tones of the season and decided to create it into this piece. Just looking at it makes me happy, and I hope it does you too.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!