Tuesday, November 15, 2016

SCREAM!



All the war-propaganda,
all the screaming and lies and hatred,
comes invariably from people who are not fighting.
-George Orwell

For someone who died in 1950, George Orwell had a pretty clear vision of what the world was to become. Frightening. 

This piece is a bit out of my comfort zone. But, I wanted to do a self portrait like none I have done before. I did not want it to resemble a photograph at all and I wanted it to be abstract.  I wanted the viewer to feel...to focus on emotion.  Emotion is the centerpiece of this art. All the frustration and hate and violence of late just makes me sick and crazy. I just want to scream, as many other Americans do. SCREAM! is a reflection of the current mood in this country. No matter what side you are on (perhaps that is the problem, we are choosing sides), it seems no one is satisfied and everyone just wants to scream. I've had enough of the screaming...I'm looking for silence.

Here's hoping your Tuesday is full of SILENCE. We need to silence our own heads and our own souls before we can effectively begin to listen to one another. Let that begin today. Practice silence.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!