Wednesday, November 16, 2016

We Are the Moon- Digital Art by Tracey Grumbach



Men are like the earth and we are the moon;
we turn always one side to them, 
and they think there is no other
because they don't see it- but there is.
-Olive Schreiner

I was in Havre de Grace, Maryland Sunday evening. I was there for a meeting of all the co-op artists of Arts By the Bay Gallery and to drop off my new work for the show that opens on Friday night. As I pulled around the corner to the side parking lot, I glanced up, toward the water, and saw the supermoon hanging just above the tree line across the Susquehanna. I knew immediately that I had to take a few minutes to walk to the water. There was a very basic, primal voice that was calling me to the edge of the shore. As I reached the lapping water on the edge of the river I was immediately sad I didn't have my Canon 5D Mark III with my 400mm lens. Oh, how I would have loved to shoot this beauty of a moon hanging so brightly, reflecting off the water, using the compression of the long lens to make that moon seem even closer. But, alas, I only had my iPhone at my disposal. I took out my phone and waited for the boat to cruise into the frame before snapping this image. 

Back at home, I used my apps and software to create this digital art piece from the original image. The original image was actually very different and didn't quite convey the feeling I wanted it to convey. I am happy with the final product and am thankful that I at least had my phone with me to capture that moment in time.

Here's to a wonderful Wednesday. Keep smiling and rocking on!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!