Tuesday, October 10, 2017

41/365- The Missing Pole and the Morning Newspaper

Digital Art by Tracey Grumbach
“Heaven, such as it is, is right here on earth. Behold: my revelation: I stand at the door in the morning, and lo, there is a newspaper, in sight like unto an emerald. And holy, holy, holy is the coffee, which was, and is, and is to come."

-Sarah Vowell, Take the Cannoli

----------

Today is a bittersweet day. Tyler, my oldest son, is flying out of the nest and heading out to live in an apartment with some roommates while he attends school at Universal Technical Institute in Exton, PA. While I am so happy for him and am so proud to see him pursue his dreams, it leaves me with a knot in my stomach because I will miss him. He is the silliness in our household. He loves to make us all laugh and he is all the time lifting our moods. In the span of two months, I have watched my two oldest set out on their own and start a new chapter of their lives. After raising these kids for 18 years, guiding them along the way, it is not easy to let them go. The house feels incredibly empty and I am incredibly weepy, sad for myself but happy for him.

I will be in Exton today attending school orientation and helping Tyler move into his new digs.  Hug your children tightly today. They grow up so darn fast.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!