Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Since I've Been Gone

The holidays can cause a resurgence of symptoms in those with chronic illness.  One of those symptoms for me was large amounts of hair falling out again.  This handful was from one washing. 

I haven't posted in a long while.   There really isn't a specific reason why,  just haven't felt like it.  I think I am going to reformat the blog once again to be a catch all for my life in general, not about Lyme all the time, not about photography all the time, not about raising kids all the time, but just a catch all for my thoughts.  It feels more organic for me that way.

I am continuing my battle against Lyme and my co-infections.  I experienced a bit of a plateau in my healing from Lyme, Bartonella, and Ehrlichia during the month of December.  Several of my old symptoms resurfaced such as headaches, joint pain, hair loss, exhaustion, and brain fog.  My doctor decided to remove me from antibiotics and instead treat me with antimicrobial herbal remedies.  There were several reasons for this.  First, the two antibiotics used most often to treat Bartonella I can not consume.  One causes anaphylaxis and the other recently put me in the hospital with dehydration the last time I tried to take it.  The other reason was because I was still losing weight from loss of appetite, nausea, and vomiting.  Since beginning this journey I have lost 33lbs.  I now weigh what I did in college and my doctor does not want me losing any more.  So, a more natural treatment was called for.

Since beginning the herbal treatment, my appetite is back and my weight has stabilized.  So far this month I am feeling better and more energetic.  As anyone knows who has a chronic illness, the holidays and the stress associated with the holidays can cause a resurgence of symptoms.  The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas was particularly difficult as I lost another beloved family member when my uncle passed away early in December.  So, with the holidays gone and the long winter stretching ahead, I have settled into concentrating on healing again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!