Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sun Worship


Seriously, this weather is getting to me...and I love snow.  It isn't necessarily the weather that is bothering me, depressing me, really.  It is more about the interruption of routine.  I am a creature of habit, so when schools are late or closed day after day, week after week, it begins to wear on me.  I don't like surprises and spontaneity is not my strong suit.  I love my kids dearly, don't get me wrong, and I love spending extra time with them (when they aren't bickering), but I also have a deep appreciation and need for quiet alone time as well.  So, Spring...please come a bit quicker.  I look forward to the warmer sun kissing my skin and the routine I so crave.

This piece is actually a derivative of another work I recently did called Release.  In the original piece, I used the moon as the backdrop, however, I was really craving a warm, summer t-shirt kind of feel for this one.  This totally makes me think of hot summer days and wading in the warm Key West water.  Ah, Key West.  I could use a dose of your medicine right about now.  I am actually thinking about getting this on a t-shirt for myself.  Let me know if you are interested in one as well...I can order in bulk ;)

Well, everyone, hang tight for this next system coming in.  Despite temperatures making it to the mid-forties today, they are still calling for 7-10 inches of snow starting tonight and going into tomorrow.  *sigh*  Bundle up and stay warm...let's hope this is winter's last hurrah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!